Our Aftercare Process
There are plenty of myths and suggestions that float around the internet - and probably your friend-circle, too - but here at Ink or Swim, we are very serious about helping our clients heal their tattoos and piercings the right way, every time. We've got over 40 years of total experience in getting and making tattoos and have come up with a process to heal tattoos we believe is the best in the business.
If you have any questions, please contact us however you find easiest - email, Facebook, call, or stop by. We want to make sure you get all the answers you need!
- Using warm water and antibacterial soap, like our Siren Soap, gently but thoroughly clean your new tattoo and the area around it.
- Immediately apply a non-scented lotion, like our Davy Jones Lotion, waiting 10-15 minutes before putting loose-fitting clothing over the area.
- Repeat steps 2-3 around 2-3 times per day for about two weeks, or as needed throughout the day. The goal is to keep your new tattoo as clean and moisturized as possible!
- Gently wash your piercing with a mixture of warm water and sea salt around 2-3 times per day.
- Leave It The Hell Alone! That's right - the "LITHA" method is the most effective and safest. Don't spin it, turn it, mess with it, just let it be and keep the area clean.